Wow! This year is flying by fast. And I am more thankful than ever to be home educated! This is my second year of "high school", a.k.a school that includes more effort. :)
Managing time is difficult, anyone can agree with that. But I like to center my schedule around important events that are happening on any particular day, like a piano lesson or important test. I carve out plenty of time for those kinds of things, and then try to make everything else fall into a good place (emphasize the try). But I have to be careful; lately it has been productive to do some school in the car on the way to music lessons, and the other day I felt pretty sick on the way to my piano teacher's house. NO, of course I don't obsess.
Mom just walked in to talk to Dad about scheduling something else--an orthodontist appointment for...guess who...me. Oh joy.
Schedules mess up my life (um, maybe I meant my outlook on life) one way or another. But I'm starting to realize the benefit of them. The only day when it's really hard to get everything done is a day when I have to mow the lawn. Like today. So...why am I blogging? *laughing nervously*
God works everything out in His own timing, not mine or yours or anyone else's. The Lord is teaching me a lot about trust and submission to His will lately. I am learning to accept the fact that my time is in His hands. He knows that this has been a difficult season for me, because I am the kind of person that wants everything to be worked out perfectly. But I also know that I need to die to myself every day, dropping all my worries and following Him wherever He leads. And Jesus is the Good Shepherd; He will lead me in the path of righteousness.
Jesus can also lead you! If anyone reading my blog does not know Christ, then you need to know that today is the day of salvation! God will meet you right where you are. He sent His Son to die for you and for me. Repent of your sin and be saved by Christ's work on the cross and resurrection from the grave!
Thank you for this post Delaney! I just started my high school schoolwork this week and I have been pretty busy.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing well. Miss you!!
ReplyDelete