"For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside.
I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness."
Psalm 84:10
For the unbeliever, Sunday is just another day. Another day of the weekend, another football game...the day holds nothing eternally meaningful. It is empty. But for us, those who are in Christ, it is an entire day, separated from all distractions, to focus completely on worshiping our Savior with the saints! We sing, study Scripture, pray, fellowship, exhort, and bless. And through all of those things, we learn more about the Lord Jesus! Sundays are as close to heaven as we can get; they are a picture of what we will be doing in eternity!
This verse has been on my mind lately. Since our recent move, we have been so blessed by the local church. The teaching is very solid and clear, and the brothers and sisters are very hospitable and gracious. And it is easy to take the saints for granted, isn't it? We were very established in our old community (and have still maintained our relationships there), but it is a blessing to be establishing ourselves here, too. I took for granted how much I needed my brothers and sisters in Christ until I did not have them near anymore! So having a fruitful body of believers to grow and fellowship with here is really a blessing.
So when you worship with your local body this Sunday, will you join me in praising the Lord for His church?
This verse has been on my mind lately. Since our recent move, we have been so blessed by the local church. The teaching is very solid and clear, and the brothers and sisters are very hospitable and gracious. And it is easy to take the saints for granted, isn't it? We were very established in our old community (and have still maintained our relationships there), but it is a blessing to be establishing ourselves here, too. I took for granted how much I needed my brothers and sisters in Christ until I did not have them near anymore! So having a fruitful body of believers to grow and fellowship with here is really a blessing.
So when you worship with your local body this Sunday, will you join me in praising the Lord for His church?
Amen! Wonderful post, Delaney!
ReplyDelete~MacyMakana <3
Good blog post Delaney. You do great posts . I am a follower of your blog . You are so inspiring on your blog . You do a lot of BIBLE viruses . Are you going to replace the picture that did not make it? MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU ! JOHN 14:6 AND JESUS SAY I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT THROUGH ME. JOHN 14:6 . - YOUR SECRET FOLLOWER !!!!!!!!!!! :] <3
ReplyDelete