Sunday, August 24, 2014

Awards and Nominations!



     My sister Haley at Pure Reflections nominated me for this blog award!  Thank you so much Haley, it was a great surprise!
     Here are the rules: 1: Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.  Check.....(see above, I guess I spoke too soon).  2: Answer the 11 questions that Haley, my nominator, asked me.
Drum Roll
Question 1: Where were you born?
Answer: I was born in California, which I consider what you might call "out west". :)
Question 2: How old were you when you started your blog?
Answer: I was 14, but I turned 15 a few weeks later and at first I forgot to change it on my "About Me" page.  So anyone who reads my blog but doesn't know me personally was for a short time under the impression that I was a year younger than I was!  If I had been 10 I think I might have had a nervous breakdown!  Oh dear, the stress of blogging...
Question 3: What's you purpose for keeping a blog?
Answer: I have wanted to write on a blog for a long time.  When I finally got one, I at last had a purpose and a somewhat relaxed yet urgent sense (oximoron??) to write, because there were readers who could probably get impatient if I didn't post enough! :) I've been told that I have a perceptive mind and I enjoy putting on paper everything that God teaches me in His Word.  My prayer with my blog is to encourage everyone who reads it in their walk with Christ and be a living testimony of a sinner saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
Question 4: What's your biggest pet peeve?
Answer: Cars blocking the crosswalk while waiting at a stop light or sign.
Question 5: Do you have a signature trait, like an article of clothing or a word that is distinctly YOU?
Answer: I'm known among family and friends as a clown with a serious side, if that makes sense.  The word 'strategic' has always been one of my favorites, and I try to use it as much as possible.  I have always been able to make my family and friends laugh, but I love debating with them as well.  God has given me wonderful friends who enjoy talking about the Lord's blessings and faithfulness in our lives.
Question 6: What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
Answer: I've never done anything that scary, because since the Lord is in control in our lives, we really have nothing to fear!  But jumping about 15 or 20 feet off of a huge boulder into a deep natural pool along a river in Yosemite was pretty scary at first. Then I loved it so much that I did it about a million more times!
Question 7: How old were you when you were saved and became a Christian?
Answer: I was 9.
Question 8: What's your favorite pastime?
Answer: Spending time outside.  It doesn't matter what I'm doing out there, just anything to be out in God's creation.
Question 9: What's your favorite book of the Bible and why?
Answer: Jeremiah.  It teaches about the Lord's righteous judgement, but also offers hope for those who repent and put their faith in Jesus' gift of salvation.
Question 10: Do you play an instrument, and if so, how long have you played?
Answer: Oh, of course my absolutely incredible musical talent was revealed when I could sing "God Bless America" all the way through when I was two years old.  Just kidding about the incredibility.  It didn't sound very good, actually. :)  I have played the piano for 8 or 9 years, the violin for 4.5 years, and the mandolin for 3 years.
Question 11: Sweet or sour candy?
Answer: Sour!!

     All right, rule 4 is that I now have to nominate a whopping 11 more bloggers with less than 200 followers for this award.  Ahem...I don't even read that many blogs!  So I could only think of 2.  Not to mention everyone else has kind of already been nominated!
Drum Roll
The Becker Family, specifically Hannah who posts for them at DAD Alert!  The Beckers train service dogs for people with diabetes and autism.  It is a great family ministry that they were inspired to begin because one of their sons has type 1 diabetes.  Their blog is full of news on how the business is progressing and how the Lord has been with them through it all.  Be sure to check it out and become a follower!

Holly Shaw at Living Unto the Lord!  Holly posts about her life in a family of twelve. She's a great photographer and I always love seeing the new pictures of nature, food, and her adorable siblings!  Be sure to visit her blog and become a follower.

     Ladies, here are your 11 questions.
1: If a certain food dish could reflect your personality, what would it be?  (Example: candy because you're sweet.)
2: How many states/countries have you been to?
3: Straight tea or tea with milk and sugar?
4: Baking or cooking?
5: Trains or cars?
6: What has the Lord been teaching you lately?
7: If you could spend one hour with Moses from the Old Testament, what would you ask him?
8: Is there anything interesting about you that not many people know?  If so, what is it?
9: If you could meet one of the American presidents, which one would it be?
10: Would you rather have to cut all of your food with a dull knife or eat soup with a fork?
11: Would you rather eat fried pickles or fried bananas?

     Well, that's all for now!  Have a blessed day!

1 comment: