Hymns are one of the most uplifting things to read. I so enjoy paging through the hymnal and finding those old, perhaps forgotten gems! How deep the Father's love for us is one of my favorites, though it is a little more recently written than some.
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure!
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure!
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away.
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.
Behold the Man upon the cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers!
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything,
Not gifts, no pow'r, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection!
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart,
His wounds have paid my ransom!
This hymn is definitely a favorite of mine! Thanks Delaney!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't just read that hymn without singing it in my head :) That one's good.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I like the line about God making a wretch His treasure! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I am enjoying your blog!
Love,
Auntie Didar
SEE YOU SOON!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete