All right. Let's start with a few ideas for grocery shopping. Tip number one is actually a good idea for any shopping extravaganza that you might embark upon, but I included it with groceries because that's probably one of any family's largest expenses.
#1) Tack down a price limit before leaving home. This minimizes confusion about what is priority and what is not. Really consider what you need, not just what you might come across in the bakery and want. Then, come up with a reasonable number to not exceed when at the store.
#2) Look at the price per pound/ounce. With several brands and sizes of the same item in front of you, it's often easy to assume that the most affordable choice is the one with the lowest price tag. But look at the fine print! This may mean buying the jumbo can of olives, but usually the price per pound/ounce is significantly less with each larger size. Thus, you get more for your money.
#3 Try more no-name brands. Don't get scared by this one! All you have to do is keep trying. No-name and store-name brands are often just as good as mainstream name brands. And not mention cheaper, too.
Okay. Now we come to the second and final phase! These next two tips can be applied to just about
anything--from clothes to books to light bulbs.
#4) Check different sources. Patience is key here. If you need something and go to just any store to find it, you may end up with an item that you could have found for five dollars less at another store or online. This often requires waiting longer, but chances are that in the end you'll get a better deal.
#5) Just because it's on sale doesn't mean we have to buy it! If something has been reduced to a lower price but I don't need it, I don't buy it. When I've already got a million blue shirts (it seems!!!), the half-price new one isn't really necessary (for me). And I've had to use this in thrift stores, too, when something is a really great bargain but I just don't need it. That money can be saved for other purposes.
Snoring yet? Well, I hope this has benefited you in some way! I'll just finish with a verse. And let's just say that I'm praying this post was not just mere talk! :)
"In all labor there is profit,
but mere talk leads only to poverty."
Proverbs 14:23
You are going to be a great mom and wife someday! Thanks for the tips. :)
ReplyDeleteA budget is telling every dollar where to go instead of wondering where it went.
ReplyDeleteYour funny, Delaney...:)
ReplyDeleteGreat article! Thank you for taking the time to share those tips:)
You're hilarious, Delaney! I absolutely love your humor! ;) Thanks for sharing those tips, I definitely need them.
ReplyDeleteAwesome tips Delaney!!
ReplyDeleteGreat tips, Delaney! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat tips!:)
ReplyDelete~Ashley