Friday, January 24, 2014

For my love of poetry!

     I love to write poetry!  It is a window of sorts to reveal my more creative self...and I always make effort to pen my poems with meaning.  I recently wrote the following piece of poetry for a good friend in our area who has just been diagnosed with cancer.  She is an amazing woman who works tirelessly for the pregnancy crisis center in town.

It is in our weakness that Christ is best seen
For His strength can now fully shine,
But sometimes on rough days it hard just to say
"O Lord, all the glory be thine!"

A doctor's voice or a surgeon's hand
Can cause us to mourn and despair,
But we must not forget the greatest Physician
Even when it seems like He's not there.

With every hard truth that doctors reveal
There's a blessing behind every word.
Encourage the others in cancer's long fight
And with diligence cry "Find a cure!"

9 comments: