Wednesday, December 24, 2014

What to do when your sister steals your blog post

     So, guess what?  I wanted to do a post on our trip to California, but now all you have to do is hop on over to Pure Reflections, read the stories and see all the great pictures.  P.S. That was supposed to be sarcastic.

     What are you to do when your sister steals your post idea and finishes first?  Well, pick a new topic, of course.  What time of year is this?  Ding, ding ding!  Christmastime!

     May as well say it before I forget.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!  I cannot believe this year is almost over.  A lot has happened to the Beyer family.  I guess I'll give you a condensed timeline.

Jan. 2014--New Year begins, and I post here for the first time on the 21st.

February--We put our house up for sale and prepare to move.  Haley and I play classical violin at a tea house on Valentine's Day.

March--Dad, Libbey, and I have our birthdays.  Haley graduates and Maddie Gindorf comes to visit for ten days.  We help our friends the Parish's with The Sound of a Trumpet conference.

April--The giant move to Tennessee!  This begins a hectic spring and summer of many visitors, settling in, and getting familiar with our new area.

May--The visitors continue, including the Nichols, Gindorfs, Halls, Holcombs, and others.

June--We kick off this month with meeting the Becker family at the Creation Museum.  Super fun and great to see friends from Oakhurst!

July--A friend from Washington comes to build bookshelves, a dock addition, and learn about Dad's business.  After leaving him at the Nashville airport to fly home, we head to Lipscomb University for the Fine Arts Summer Academy.  Amazing musical experience!  Dad and Mom celebrate their 30th anniversary on the 21st.  Haley turns 18 on the 25th.

August--Dad and I fly to California for business and a visit.  We have a great time with our dear friends.  Mom flies back later in the month to visit a friend on her birthday.

September--Mom's birthday is celebrated on the 14th.  Uncle Jim, Auntie Didar and Papa Vince come for a visit later in the month and we all go through our first lock on the lake together.  Pretty amazing!  We begin music lessons with the Annie Moses Band.

October--We attend The Power of the Gospel conference in North Carolina.

November--Our family goes to see the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra perform the Alpine Symphony at the beautiful Tennessee Theatre.  We spend a lovely, lively Thanksgiving with new friends from church.  We play and sing two original songs for a church service at a nearby retreat center.

December--Two week visit to California.  Again, head over to Haley's blog for all the details.  Sarcasm is warranted, I believe.

     There's our year in a nutshell.  God has been so good!  How have you experienced His faithfulness this year?

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry I stole your post idea! (That was sarcastic.) WOW, what a great idea to do a recap of our year! Thank you so much, it was great to look back and remember all the amazing times we've had. It's truly been a year of change for our family, and I wouldn't have it any other way! (Boy, do I sound like Jonathan Park right there. Do I hear an "amen" from Hannah Becker?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This year has gone by so fast. Merry Christmas! It looks like your year has had a lot to do with music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool post! I hope 2015 is just as good as 2014, and more so.

    ReplyDelete