Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Faith Has Found a Resting Place

My faith has found a resting place not in device nor creed:
I trust the Ever-living One, His wounds for me shall plead.
I need no other argument, I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.
Enough for me that Jesus saves, this ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul, I come to Him--He'll never cast me out.
I need no other argument, I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.

     I found this song while flipping through the hymnal, and though the melody isn't my favorite, these are some of the most beautiful words I've ever heard.  They are the words that all hear when they repent of their sins to Jesus Christ and accept His free gift of salvation to all who believe.  They are the words of the desperate sinner now resting in God's everlasting peace.  They are the words of redemption.

 

1 comment:

  1. WOW such beautiful and touching words reading those words will really comfort you.

    ReplyDelete