Happy ___ Birthday, Dad!
Dad is one of the best people in my life. He's taught me about the Lord and encouraged my in my relationship with Him. As my earthly father, he's made it a point to spend time with me, just to be together and build trust and love.
Our similarities are many. We're both dreamers and quite the opposite of followers (leaders...), love adventure, and LOVE dark chocolate. We both enjoy problem solving/critical thinking, and neither of us are good photographers, which drives Haley nuts. Neither of us like much shopping of any kind (unless it's something with a motor). Oh, and I forgot something very important. We both...how do you say...ADORE the thick juiciness of tri-tip, or better yet, STEAK!!Because he's also a devout Christian, I call him my brother, too. With Christ in our lives, we have even more in common--those factors of our life that will last forever.
I also get to call him my boss. I work quite a bit in our home-based accounting business, as do Mom and Haley. Dad and I are both sticklers for perfection in work stuff, though we could care less for being perfectionists in life's other areas. Neither of us appreciate incorrect grammar or punctuation, so if you ever send either of us an email, it'd better not be in text language! When I work for him, he teaches me a lot about what I'll have to face when I'm adult--stuff like taxes, investing and budgeting. Yes, the budgeting post I wrote came mostly from what Dad and Mom have taught me.
He thinks of the most special, random things to do with me. He'll take me out to lunch, because he knows that I really would prefer not to go out for dinner. He gives the best birthday presents. But most of all, Dad has been a true, godly father to me and my sisters. I know that he cherishes us with all of his heart and every day he prays and studies the Bible so that he can learn even more how to be the best Dad and husband he can be to us girls and our mom. Here's to more memories! And Happy Birthday!!
| He's a great skater! Hockey is his specialty. |
| Kayaking in our backyard lake |
Happy Birthday, Mr. Beyer!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day in the Lord!!!
Yipee!! Happy Birthday Dad!!!!! I love you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Mr. Beyer!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Mr. Beyer!! Dee, I love the way you wrote about the similarities between you and your dad :-)
ReplyDeleteYour dad certainly wears many hats in your life!! What a blessed relationship you share! :) You are such a good writer!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon! Love, Auntie Didar